Thursday, March 17, 2005

The BBC, The Mirror and the Guardian will not print this story so here goes-

In 1973 whilst working as a desk officer at GCHQ, I was posted for one week to the Middle Eastern Branch. I was in charge of reporting on Egypt.
 On my desk, one day, landed a telegram from the Egyptian government to their embassy in Jordan dishing the dirt on what Kissinger was telling them during his shuttle diplomacy. He was a serial liar telling governments what they wanted to hear, whilst his main mission was selling arms. I was very pleased with the reoprt that I had produced but it was never published. I asked why?
"Spiked" was the reply -"Why", says I - "because you need to know that everything that we get on the Arabs is passed to the Israelis and Kissinger has an agreement with us that enables him to veto any intelligence of ours from being published ", (e.g. from  going to the Joint Intelligence Committee and The Prime Minister and other customers in Whitehall). He thinks this casts him in a bad light and does not want it published. 
On grounds of conscience I asked for a move, because I had not joined GCHQ to have the results of my analyses given to the Israelis. I did then and have always remained totally neutral on this issue. I was moved the next day. I believed that my human rights had been breached because I had not been given this information before starting to produce intelligence on the Middle East. For all I knew innocent Palestinians may already have been killed by Mossad as the result of information that I had produced, which I  thought would only be distributed to Whitehall and our known intelligence partners. So much for British sovereignty and our neutral stance in the Middle East.
Fuck em all says I.
Gord and Bennet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home